[ENG] Song Geonhee Interview ① "The reason why 'Sky Castle' is popular? Acting+the script is really good"


SKY Castle is one of Korean dramas that currently receiving lots of attention from drama lovers, not only in Korea but also around the world. The first episode of this drama was aired on 23rd November 2018 and will have it's final episode on 26th January 2019 since it has added four episodes due to demand from the viewers. Not only the drama that receiving good responses from the viewers, but also the actors and actress who play there currently becoming hot issues.

One of the cast named Song Geonhee who played as Park Youngjae in the drama, currently had an interview with one of Korean Media. He talked about many things and revealed his opinion about why the drama become so popular. He also stated that the casts and crews might have holiday as prize because of this successful work.

I have translated the part 1 of Song Geonhee's interview. Let's check this out.



Q. What is your motive to join ‘Sky Castle’?
Geonhee: I went through audition. When I first read the script I was really wanted to do it. My willing to do it was really big so I went through the first audition and wore high school uniform. I tried to look young as much as possible. On the second audition too, I prepared it well and the producer seemed like it. When I got notification that I was accepted, I was so happy in the bathroom that I ran all over the place. ‘Sky Castle’ is my first time to get accepted as a cast that has name. Now that I also appeared on TV it still feels like a dream.

Q. Do you still remember the first day of filming?
Geonhee: The first filming was a scene where I went to meet Kim Jooyoung coach. It was in the entrance and there was also a scene where I did stab with knife so I was nervous. Yeom Jungah (as Han Suhjin) senior helped me a lot. So because of that, I think I did it well.

Q. How is Kim Jungnan (as Lee Myungjoo) and Yoo Sungjoo (as Park Soochang) seniors, that played role as your parents in the drama?
Geonhee: When Kim Jungnan senior went to meet Gaeul, it was the second filming. Kim Jungnan senior gave me many advices. Yoo Sungjo senior treated me like his real son, I even called him ‘Father’. He also give me consideration first when it comes to acting.

Q. How is your relation with your acting peers, Kim Hyeyoon, Jo Byeonggyu, etc?
Geonhee: We get along well. There were not many scenes that we did together so I was afraid that it would be awkward but we met separately and even drink coffee together, also did monitoring each other. We have SNS group chat. (Kim) Bora noona is the oldest, and the second is Byeonggyu hyung.

Q. What if the place like SKY Castle is real?
Geonhee: From the point of view as third person it would be fearful. Is it really need to be so intense like that. I feel like so scared only by watching the mothers.

Q. You came from Departments of Film Art, Sejong University right. The competition to enter Departments of Film Art is also intense. Is it?
Geonhee: Even when I took the entrance exam, I think the scale was 180:1. I think I really prepared it intensely. In that part I could immerse in Youngjae. Like I was intensely prepared for acting I think Youngjae also has that kind of intense feel. That part became a help for me. Because I’ve had entrance exam. Although, Youngjae went to Medical School and I went to Arts and Physical education, I think we had similar feeling.

Q. You must be feel pity toward Youngjae family.
Geonhee: When I look at Youngjae I think, ‘Let’s just bend down the parent way once’. It would be better that way, I think about it a lot. While I read the script my heart hurts.



Q. Can you feel the popularity of ‘Sky Castle’ in real life?
Geonhee: My friends ask me about spoiler and things that related to it. I also received a lot of attentions from my family, my friends, and people around. My parents and I watch it live everyday. They said I did well although I think I still lack a lot. My sister is someone who did monitoring coldly. I really thankful.

Q. Which scene that you remember the most?
Geonhee: I remember the scene where Lee Jiwon (as Yebin) who is in her early stage was playing with snacks in the rooftop. The kids were happy and laugh but there is something in their heart. It hurts. I couldn’t help but notice it.

Q. What do you think the reason why the drama become so popular?
Geonhee: The acting by seniors and the script is really good. It was interesting since the start. I think the timing also fits well since the entrance exam just finished. Also it’s so close with the social problem we are dealing it currently so I think it’s relatable to many people.

Q. It hits more than 15%.
Geonhee: Since it was my first work I didn’t think about ratings. I only thought about showing my act. However it hits more than 15% like a dream. I really happy. Although the date still not confirmed but it’s already decided that we will have holiday as prize. 



That's all the first part of interview with Song Geonhee. He is still a rookie actor so let's support for his future activities.
Translated by sindynovi / @bluerosee99.
Photos and interview by 일간스포츠
Drama poster: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9151274/mediaviewer/rm3548475392

--

Connect with me :
- Personal twitter: @sindynovi
- Fangirl twitter: @autumnxpearl
- Translations archive @bluerosee99

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

[ENG] ‘Voice 3’ Kim Wooseok “I was shocked too about Lee Jinwook death, Season 4? I will join definitely” [EN: Kim Wooseok Interview]

Review Film 'Bleak Night / 파수꾼 (2011)'

bluerosee99: Translations Archive